December 7, 2009 by Robin Plaskoff Horton
iRecycle, a free iPhone application from Earth911.com, makes it easy to find recycling locations anywhere in the U.S. Find places to drop-off your old cell phone (or water bottle or motor oil or… well, you get the idea), get directions and find out what else recycling centers accept. iRecycle also hosts information on local green events in your area, and if your event isn’t listed, you can add it through iRecycle to spread the word about what’s happening in your neighborhood.
• Access to over 110,000 recycling and disposal locations for over 240 materials
• Get directions to the nearest site from your current location
• Find additional information for each location like hours of operation, their Web site, other materials accepted (hey, maybe you can recycle all those plastic bags from under your kitchen sink), etc.
• Call locations directly from search results (iPhone only)
• Read the latest news, tips and features Earth911.com on subjects like urban gardening
Available from iTunes